Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Ohio State Reformatory AKA Shawshank Redemptiom Prison

Hello!!

Why yes we are still in business and doing investigations.
 Life, drama and all the other stuff has kept me away but I will try to keep this updated when possible!

We were lucky to book an overnight investigation at the Ohio State Reformatory aka the prison from the movie The Shawshank Redemption. For the history alone I recommend taking a day tour.

 I promise you will NOT be disappointed!!

Here is a link to their site.


We left the Frankfort area on Saturday May 2. 2015. We were scheduled to investigate the following night. Anyone that's been there knows just how massive this place is.
You NEED to be on your toes just walking through the place in broad daylight let alone in the dark.

I could go on and on about the drive there, the fine companions we traveled with and a little side trip we took looking for a tunnel but you're not here for that.

What I will post are some experiences team member had while there.
Enjoy!

R. R. wrote:

During the day tour, approximately 3:00pm, Phillip, Ashley and I were on the
1st floor of the Warden's Quarters looking at a pink bathroom. Ashley and
Phillip said they smelled soap or a clean scent but I didn't smell anything.

8:40pm, 3 May 2015:
Phillip, Ashley and I were in the visitation area when we all heard a
distant female voice yell. Where we were at the time was closer to one of
the outside walls of the facility but this sounded like it came from inside
the facility, more toward the middle part of the reformatory. I immediately
asked Ashley if she heard that and she said she did. Phillip said that when
she & I were whispering about it, he heard it a second time.

9:00pm, 3 May 2015
Phillip, Ashley and I were on the 2nd floor of solitary. Phillip and I were
on one side and Ashley ventured to the backside and started to walk down the
cell block. She said she suddenly felt like something told her not to go any
further so she turned back around and came to where Phillip & I were. When
the three of us went through that area a little bit later, she didn't feel a
thing.

9:23pm, 3 May 2015
While Ashley was investigating ahead of us, Phillip and I were about half
down the front side of the 1st floor of solitary. We heard what sounded like
a someone stepping on the last metal stair and then onto the concrete floor.


9:30pm, 3 May 2015
Phillip, Ashley and I were on the 1st floor, back side of solitary when
Ashley and I heard a long moan. Phillip said what he heard sounded like
metal rubbing against metal rather than a moan. We were at the end closest
to the exterior door.  It was very chilly in there but while we were
standing there listening to see if it would happen again, it felt as though
the temperature dropped drastically. However I failed to get a temp reading
thinking maybe it was just me getting colder from standing there.

9:540pm, 3 May 2015
Phillip, Ashley and I were in the sub-basement. Phillip asked if I ever felt
light headed on investigations and I said not too often. He is more
sensitive to paranormal activity than I am (much to his dismay) and I said
to let me know when he feels that way again. We were walking around the
front part of the sub-basement when he said he was feeling it and that he
thought it would be a good time to do an EVP session.  We began doing one
and Phillip was across the room from me & Ashley. He said he felt a
heaviness and that it was like something was standing right beside him
looking at him. I thought I felt something tug on my backpack but wasn't
sure if maybe it was something in it settling. Just in case, I said, "If
that was you that just tugged on my backpack, could you do something like
that again? You have permission to touch me but not to hurt me." A moment
later I felt a slight tug on my left ear and then hear a small clinking
sound. Phillip had moved over next to me at that time and he heard the clink
sound too. I reached up and felt my left ear and realized my earring wasn't
there and that that was what made the clinking sound (when it hit the
concrete floor). Phillip and I got out our flashlights and started looking
for it right around me and where I was standing. Ashley was standing about
4-5 feet off to my right when she said, "Becky, your earring is over
here...and it's still clasped." How it got that far from us and in the
opposite direction of the ear it came out of, I don't know. Could it have
dropped and rolled and hit the clasp to close it when it dropped,
absolutely. Phillip & I heard it hit the ground pretty solid and I felt the
tug right before it dropped though so I don't know...it's all on the digital
recorder, to include hearing the earring clinking sound.  During this
session, I was looking straight in front of me, into the next room and saw
what I thought to be a shadow mimicking my movements. I watched it for a few
minutes and would move purposely to see if it would move with me and it did.
I was certain that it was just my reflection off of something in the other
room in front of us so I turned my flashlight on and told Phillip and Ashley
what I thought I was seeing. Both said that there wasn't anything in the
other room for me to be reflecting off of plus there was no light behind me
to cast a shadow. During the same session, Ashley said she felt like
something had walked up behind her.

3:15am, 4 May 2015
Phillip, Ashley and I were on the 2nd floor of the Warden's Quarters. The
three of us went into a room to the right of the staircase and we all
smelled the soap smell again from earlier in the day. You could smell it if
you stood inside about a 2-3 foot area but as soon as you moved, it was
gone. Earlier that night we had gone back into the bathroom where Phillip
and Ashley had smelled it during the day tour but they didn't smell it
again. We did an EVP session in the main room on that floor and heard some
shuffling and movement in the side rooms, felt some temperature changes and
the hair on my arms stood up once from an eerie feeling but nothing further
happened.
****************************************************************

B. S. wrote:

I have 2 things to report.
1. In the warden's quarters D thought he saw a shadow in my light grid.  At the same time I experienced an electrical tingling from my waste down. Could have just been a physical response. I haven't listened to recorder yet for any corroborating sounds.

2. In the chair room before 2:00am I had moved the chair out of the circle and we were doing an EVP session.   I heard what sounded like a door creaking closed. I figured it was Becky and Ashley coming back from the other wing but I did ask if anyone else heard it.  Can't recall if D did but I did listen to that portion of the tape and it is on the recording.
******************************************************************

Now as for myself and our team leader we had the same experience during the day time walk through.

While up in the Wardens quarters I was looking in a closet and got the sense I was interrupting someone/thing. It was just that feeling you get when you know someone is aggravated with you because you've disturbed them while their doing something important. I asked BJ to walk over and stick her head in and see what she felt. She got the same.
Now what work we were interrupting in a closet...I have no idea, but definitely got the sense that I needed to go about my business and leave them to theirs.

We were in the solitary confinement wing looking down a set of stairs that was roped off when I thought I heard a man whisper in a gruff voice "Hey."  I looked at her and we both said at the same time did you hear that? She asked me what I heard and when I told her, she confirmed hearing the same thing.

That night we were in the old shower room with Becky, Phillip and Ashley. We all thought we saw some shadow figures in the room so we spread out and started doing an EVP session. At one point BJ heard someone getting ready to speak right in her ear. It was the wet sound like someone licking their lips before speaking.
No words were said as she chastised them for making that sound in her ear. LOL!

*Anyone that knows our tea leader should have no problem believing she stood in a room in the dark telling a ghost off for being rude.*

 It was a WONDERFUL experience and we at BGGC are grateful to Becky for all the time, effort and energy she put into setting this up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment